A new art project each week for the year of 2011!

A new art project each week for 2011!

Monday, April 11, 2011

Week 10: I've got this thing about sunflowers (part 2)

 The sunflowers are cut from soda cans, and nailed on a 3-foot-high piece of scrap wood. The leaves and vines are made from credit card junk-mail advertisements that I smeared with green acrylic paint, let dry, and die-cut into shapes. (My way of letting the credit-card companies finance my work: they give me free paper.) The vase, arch, and red background are hand painted. I found the beautiful vintage children's illustrations at various websites, which I will credit as soon as I get the right computer. (I work on 3 different computers, and I really need to remedy that!)

 Some detail...
Boys will be boys...

Yes, that little climbing boy has a *knife* in his belt!  My mom warning system went off like crazy.

"Those butterflies were speaking to me!"

The centers are recycled tealight holders.     

I'm going to call it done for now.  This is the first time I've ever worked on a surface this large, so I finally understand how visual artists can work on a project for so long, and never consider it done.  I've spent two weeks on this project, and loved *almost* every minute of it. ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment