A new art project each week for the year of 2011!

A new art project each week for 2011!

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Week 8: Part "Greencraft," Part "Create With Me."

A coffee can, a corn can, and the bucket that my neighbor gave me tomatoes in last year. :)
I'd been using these old containers for my art supplies for about a year.  I just decided to dress them up a bit. I'd thought about sending them into "GreenCraft" magazine (and I still might) when something interesting happened:


"This is *my* "Kelly Rae Roberts" heart. Mommy can't have it. Daddy can't have it. My sister can't have it..."

My two-year-old seriously thinks that the best time of the day is when she gets to cut paper with Mommy.  Scissors are new and fascinating. Mommy's studio is old and fascinating. Paper is freaking awesome.  The problem is when she gets ahold of the *wrong* paper:


This paper was okay to cut.
I wasn't sure how, but last week the little monkey got ahold of the WRONG paper!  It was lying in carefully cut shreds next to my smiling sweetie, who said, "I made a heart!"  I smiled back and said, "Oh, that's a nice heart, honey!"  But what I was thinking INSIDE was: "Oh no! Not my Misty-Mawn-Sommerset-Studio-Insert-Birdsong-Themed-paper-that-I-was-saving-for-something-special!" 

I put it in a collage background and wept a little bit. ;-)

The next time it happened, I found out how: the little sweetie figured out how to use a stool to get to Mommy's paper stash, while Mommy was switching out the laundry. 

See? There's a lesson here: don't mix art and laundry.

That time, I was finishing my "GreenCraft" cans up, and quickly figured how to use two-year-old, reclaimed shredded paper that was close to my heart:


Lovingly made with the little one's paper pieces.
This is the very first craft we made "together."  Sort of together.  Hopefully there will be more. :)

More updates to come tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Well Dotty, that was a great story and I love both sets of cans. Yes, you definitely should turn them into Greencraft. Found you via Altered Books site on Yahoo. I am following you now and hope you will follow me as well.
    Blessings on your day,
    Coleen in Ukraine
    www.vintageterrace2.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete